Since a few days a nice patch is discussed at the tt-forums. It is another try to implement PBS in OpenTTD. The first idea of PBS is almost three years old. The old PBS was only supported by NPF (the old ‘new-pathfinder’) and since YAPF became the common standard the development was not continued.
We are currently running a dev server with YAPP (r12062M)
You can find the password at our irc channel: #openttdcoop.dev @ irc.oftc.net
This new patch looks really promising. The code is clean and fits to the standard openttd developers prefer. Now, lets have a look at the details.
- Works with NPF and YAPF.
- Implements a signal system similar to the one Tekky described (without real bi-di tracks).
- Is fully backwards compatible, normal and PBS signals can be used in parallel.
- Can colour the reserved paths.
- No known bugs (well, unknown bugs on the other hand…)
Either you are able to compile the game or you can use BuildOTTD (Windows only).
svn co -r 12062 svn://svn.openttd.org/trunk openttd-yapp
curl -L http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=85483 > yapp.patch
patch -p0 -i yapp.patch
./configure && make
If you want to activate the highlighted tracks, start OpenTTD with:
./openttd -d pbs=2 or use the console command (^) debug_level pbs=2
So far the patch is pretty stable in multiplayer.
Download pre-compiled Version
- Win32: OpenTTD_r12062-pbs_win32.zip (2,2MB)